Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Yellow #2

It took us a while but we have finally finished the third bedroom. The room started off with two different kinds wallpaper. When we stripped the wallpaper, under one wall discovered a second layer that had been painted over. Stripping the second layer took off some of the wallboard, so the wall was a mess. Luckily a consult with our neighbour, who is a contractor, resulted in a free lesson on how to replaster a wall and the use of his tools. We couldn't have picked a better location for a house ;)

George replastered the wall, I did some touch ups and called in my friend Ron while George was away for some assistance and consult. I wanted to surprise George when he got home. I had a visit from Malcolm who agreed that the cost of a free place to stay is helping with priming and a first coat of paint. That and I didn't give him a choice.

George came home a week later and I showed him the room. I didn't say anything. As though it pained him George said, "It looks nice." I told him I thought it was too yellow. Unfortunately I was not able to catch the look of relief on his face.

We selected a new paint, reprimed the room and now it looks wonderful. Our handy neighbour installed the hardwood floor like he did in the other two bedrooms for us.



Moral of the story: The first paint was called "Citrus Yellow" the second is "Wildflower Honey". According to George, anything with honey in it is good.

Next the living room...

6 comments:

Wonderwave said...

Well I love the room - its lovely and bright :) I can't wait to be a guest in it! I need Dave to go away for longer so that I can do some surprises like that :)

Richard Siemens said...

I like the colour - can't wait to see it in person.

That corner shown would make a portrait station for George!

David Chesworth said...

If Dave comes home to suprises like that he may be away much much longer....

Looking forward to having a proper nosey round the house in August (Hint: More Pictures Please!)

Carolyn said...

I think I need to clean before I take more pictures. We get one thing done and then I like to go through another destruction phase again.

Dave - I'll put up more pictures if you do (hint hint, picasa is looking out dated)

Anonymous said...

Hey Carolyn, you should have thought of honey colour first - being the busy bee that you are:).

For reading, I highly recommend the "Atonement" by Ian McEwan. Beautiful writing. I kept putting it off, but now I'm going to read all his work.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last comment was mine, I forgot to sign it:P

Magda